Safety, Environment & Quality policy
Our Commitment to Safety, Environment and Quality
Fremantle Ports is the strategic manager of the Port of Fremantle in Western Australia. Our mission is to facilitate trade in a sustainable way with the aim of contributing to Western Australia's economic growth.
Our services include port planning, shipping and wharf-side services, bulk logistics, trade facilitation, emergency response, strategic asset management, property services and project management.We recognise that excellence in managing our occupational health and safety, environmental and quality responsibilities is essential to our business success, and we strive to meet these responsibilities through our management systems which are closely aligned to the Australian Business Excellence Framework and certified to the following standards:
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System AS/NZS 4801
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001
- Quality Management System ISO 9001
These systems contribute to the sustainability of our business by ensuring that we:
- apply sound risk management
- consistently provide excellent internal and external customer service
- comply with our legislative obligations and wider commitments
- consult and engage with our employees, contractors, suppliers, port users and tenants
- build and maintain positive links with our community
- possess the necessary skills, knowledge and resources
- make open and transparent decisions based on data, information and knowledge
- avoid errors, incidents and duplication
- monitor, measure and record our performance against targets
- continuously improve, innovate and apply best practice principles
This policy has been developed and is reviewed in consultation with Fremantle Ports’ employees, our community and other stakeholders.
The Executive Team is responsible for providing the leadership and resources to support the development and implementation of this policy. Our managers and supervisors are responsible for demonstrating visible leadership in safety, environment and quality to ensure this policy is effectively applied.
All Fremantle Ports’ employees and contractors are responsible for following this policy and the associated procedures and systems.
Fremantle Ports is committed to the following key objectives which contribute to our ongoing improvement and the achievement of our mission:
- Striving for a safer workplace
- Caring for and supporting the well-being of our people
- Eliminating work-related injury and illness
- Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
- Optimising the use of resources and reducing waste
- Minimising environmental impacts and preventing pollution
- Continual improvement and striving for excellence
- Minimising loss and maximising opportunities
- Consistently meeting customer, community and other
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...