MSIC and Fremantle Ports Access
The MSIC with incorporated Fremantle Ports Access (dual capability single card) will cover your access requirements for all Fremantle Ports berths in the Fremantle Inner Harbour and Kwinana facilities. The MSIC component of the card is the initial requirement for areas within other regulated ports, around and onboard regulated Australian ships, and security zones on offshore oil and gas facilities.
1. Read the MSIC Induction.
2. Complete theMSIC Application Form
3. Gather the following documentation to support your application (as per the MSIC Induction):
- proof of identity (see MSIC Induction section 10; if you don’t have original Australian ID, please contact the MSIC Service Centre on 9430 3417 to discuss your ID requirements before attending your appointment)
- proof of eligibility to work in Australia
- evidence of an operational need to hold an MSIC (see the Company letter template MSIC)
- completed Fremantle Ports’ MSIC Application Form
- payment (refer to the MSIC Application Form or MSIC Induction section 12).
4. Arrange an appointment to lodge your application with the MSIC Service Centre via the online booking service. At the appointment you will have your photo taken and you will be given a unique Application Identification Number.
5. Please ensure you have read and understood the MSIC Conditions of Use before you make application.
6. Following lodgement, Fremantle Ports will ask AusCheck to conduct a background check. AusCheck will send a letter advising the outcome to your nominated postal address.
(Please note: After an MSIC application has been lodged your money cannot be refunded.)
Access to Fremantle Ports
Your application to access Fremantle Ports will be reviewed by the Fremantle Ports Harbour Master.
For all cards incorporating Fremantle Ports access, you are required to complete a Safety Induction and provide the printed Safety Induction Certificate before you collect your card. If you skip sections, your details will not be registered. Go to the Safety Induction.
Collecting your MSIC
When Fremantle Ports has emailed you that your MSIC is approved, arrange an appointment with the MSIC Service Centre to collect your MSIC. Provide photo identification (e.g. driver's licence) at collection.
All previously issued MSICs and/or Access Cards must be handed in when you collect your new card, the card expires or it is cancelled.
Apply for MSIC
Online Booking ServiceExternal Page
MSIC PrivacyHow your personal information is kept private
Escort Application FormApply to escort people who don’t have MSIC/FPA Access
MSIC Conditions of Use.pdf 194 KB
MSIC and Fremantle Ports AccessApply for MSIC and access to Fremantle Ports
MSIC OnlyApply just for MSIC but not access to Fremantle Ports
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...