Skip to main content

Filming, photography, drones

The Fremantle Inner Harbour is very photogenic. Victoria Quay, North Mole and South Mole offer many photo opportunities.

You are welcome to take photos or film from public areas. If you are setting up a ‘photo-shoot’ of any kind (fashion, wedding, family portraits, advertisements or any commercial use) you will need to make an application to film, sign an indemnity and produce a Certificate of Currency of Public Liability. Applications are assessed on an individual basis. Processing the application generally takes a minimum of seven days, however, in special circumstances, approval may be given in a shorter time.

Fremantle Port  Mar 12 16 286_1

Security areas

If you are a professional photographer needing access to an operational area, you must have clearance from the shipping agent or stevedore involved. If you do not have a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) and port access, you will need to be escorted by someone with an MSIC and port access.


Drones are not permitted to operate in the port area, including over vessels or properties, including tenanted properties, for private/personal purposes. Permission would only be granted where there is a direct operational need and you need to make an application

Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...